Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center is a 45,000-square foot, $13 million dollar facility located in Phoenix, Arizona.
Ability360 offers a wide variety of amenities to help you achieve your health and fitness goals.
The Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center features wheelchair accessible weight machines, an aquatic area equipped with lifts and elevators, accessible locker rooms, and more! To find out more about what we have to offer, click the links below.
Indoor Jogging Track
The Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center opened on October 31st, 2011. The center provides health, fitness and recreation programs to individuals with disabilities and their families, and also serves as a venue for local, national and international adaptive sporting events. The spectacular new center is co-located with the Ability360 Center in Phoenix, Arizona. The Ability360 Center and the Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center are owned and managed by Ability360. In addition to Ability360, eleven other disability services organizations call the Ability360 Center home. The Ability360 Center and the Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center comprise the first co-located, universally-designed (accessible) facilities of their kind in the United States.
The Sports Center is one of two centers in the U.S. that is specifically designed for individuals with disabilities, and the only center of its kind in the Western United States. It features two full-size sport courts, an indoor suspended track, 35-foot rock climbing wall, fitness center/weight room, group fitness room and an aquatic center. The sport courts can accommodate basketball, sit volleyball, power soccer, quad rugby, wheelchair lacrosse and other team sports. The spacious fitness center features accessible equipment which allows users to simply pull up to the machine to utilize its benefits. The aquatic center contains a lap pool, therapy pool and spa. All three pools are accessible by chairlift. The lap pool and therapy pools also provide entry by elevator. The lap pool is designed with a lowered bench for transferring directly from a wheelchair to the water.
The Sports Center is home to the 360 Heat wheelchair rugby team, whose roster includes gold-medal Paralympians, the Phoenix Wheelchair Suns and Banner. In addition to team practices and tournaments, the Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center hosts various clinics, such as sit volleyball, wheelchair lacrosse and Wounded Warrior clinics for veterans. Group fitness classes include circuit training, yoga, water aerobics, adaptive rowing and more. Educational nutrition and fitness classes are also offered. The facility offers health and fitness opportunities for both young and old, individual and team, and beginning and practicing athletes and fitness enthusiasts. The center is staffed by experienced individuals who are knowledgeable in disability and adaptive recreation programs.
- Strength equipment, featuring the Cybex Total Access line of accessible selectorized equipment, along with Cybex Bravo multi-cable stations
- Aerobic equipment featuring SciFit treadmills, elliptical trainers, recumbent and upright bikes, Game Cycles, Concept 2 Rowing Machines, a Marpo Kinetics Rope-Pull Trainer, a Stamina EMR rowing machine, and SciFit Upper Body Ergometers
- Free weights from 5-100 lbs., racks, and benches, Smith Machines, Magnum Fitness incline/shoulder machine, and a stretching area with medicine balls and mats
- Group Fitness Room, featuring mats, dumbbells (5-25 lbs.), Bodyblade, Heavy Bag, Stretch bands, Bosu balance trainer and kettle bells.
- The facility also features a wheelchair weigh-scale, medicine balls and rebounder
- Electronic Scoreboards
- PA System
- Spectator Seating
- 8 basketball hoops adjustable from 8’ to 10’
- Lockers and showers for teams
- Teams storage facilities
- Courts are available for rental.
- Lap Pool (30’x 75’) Features an elevator lift, a hydraulic lift and a transfer station for entry. The pool depth ranges from 4’6″-10′. The deep end of pool is suitable for scuba training. The lap pool is heated between 80-84 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Therapy Pool (14’x 48’) Features an elevator lift, a hydraulic lift and transfer access. The pool depth ranges from 3′-4′. The therapy pool is heated between 88-92 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spa (14’ x 14’) Access with hydraulic lift and transfer access. The pool is 3′ deep. The spa is heated to a maximum of 102 degrees Fahrenheit.
For more information on the Kresge Foundation Aquatics Center, visit the Aquatic Center page on our website.