Work and Disability Benefits
If you are receiving Social Security Disability benefits and have a specific work goal, are working or have a job offer, we can help you understand how earned income will affect your cash, medical and other benefits. We can inform you about work incentives that can ease your transition to work and help you understand and navigate Social Security related work rules. Our Certified Community Work Incentives Coordinators have knowledge of Social Security, Medicare, AHCCCS and other government programs. We can show you how work pays!
Work is the key to financial empowerment!
WORK INCENTIVES PLANNING AND ASSISTANCE (WIPA) SERVICES
This service can assist and support your employment choices with information that can help you achieve your goals.
The Social Security Administration (Social Security) has created a variety of work incentives that make it easier to go to work for people who receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
The Benefits 2 Work Arizona program, managed by Ability360, can help you understand the Social Security Work Incentives and how to use them to increase your income through work. We are Centers for Independent Living providing advocacy and services by and for people with disabilities. We can help you make the transition to work with a disability easier.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO WORK
- There are SSDI and SSI incentives that may help you retain Medicare and Medicaid.
- You may be able to get back on cash benefits if you need to without re-applying
- SSDI beneficiaries can work for a while before cash benefits stop.
- SSI recipients always earn more working
- Students under the age of 22 can gain work experience without affecting their SSI check
Benefits 2 Work Arizona
Ability360 is proud to partner with DIRECT Center for Independence to provide WIPA services statewide.
Learn more about WIPA
choosework.ssa.gov — 866-968-7842
* This document is funded through a Social Security cooperative agreement. Although Social Security reviewed this document for accuracy, it does not constitute an official Social Security communication.
AZ Disability Benefits 101 (AZ DB101) is an online tool to help Social Security beneficiaries make informed decisions about going to work. AZ DB101 gives you tools and information on employment, health coverage, and benefits.
• How work, healthcare and cash benefits interact with one another
• How to maximize your earnings by using work and healthcare incentives
• About the options you have today to increase financial well being and become more self-sufficient
• About local resources that can support you to get a job or stay employed
• Benefit and Work Calculators for your situation
• Easy-to-read descriptions of state, federal, and private benefit rules and programs
• Life situation articles for youth and adults
• References to local, state and national resources
Arizona Disability Benefits 101 is brought to you in partnership with the Arizona Rehabilitation Services Administration and Arizona’s Medicaid Infrastructure Grant (1QACMS300122) administered by AHCCCS.
Visit Arizona Disability Benefits 101 at www.az.db101.org