Current Job Postings
Customer Service Representative
Hrs of operation: Monday -Friday 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM and Saturday and Sundays 7:45 AM to 7:15 PM
Paid training: This role requires P&C license, we pay for training, and the exam
The customer service representative is responsible for providing effective customer service for all internal and external customers by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs as well as communicating effectively with team members within the customer service department.
Overview of the position
- Provides timely and accurate information to incoming policy holders and or agents. Develops a coordinated protection plan by calculating and quoting rates for immediate coverage action and long-term strategy implementation. Obtains underwriting approval by completing application for coverage.
- Must be able to multitask and utilize multiple applications and dual screens while utilizing active listening and critical thinking skills to quickly analyze and clearly understand a specific request or customer need and then leverage knowledge and resources to provide the appropriate solutions
- Work collaboratively with your team to improve performance and explore customer solutions
- Adhere to Farmers Insurance employment policies and procedures, including attendance and professionalism in the workplace
- Process applications, endorsements, renewals, and rewrites, cancellations, payments, and various other administrative supports.
- Empathetic listeners who employ great communication skills, a caring personality, and the ability to engage in meaningful conversation while staying on track to help the customer
- Help with billing questions
Job Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Customer service skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Critical thinking & Problem solving skills
- Time management & Dependability
- Passion for helping others and natural ability to put the customer first, along with being a consultant for customer and with internal departments
- Fully engaged, determined and self-motivated
- Ability to excel in a structured environment
- Ability learn and maintain knowledge of company products and procedures
- FDS Service Advocates and Specialty Direct Sales and Service roles must pass the licensing exam to obtain a Personal Lines license, and maintain license by fulfilling ongoing education and training requirements – we pay for training and exam.
- High School Diploma is required
- Additional college education preferred as it supports the intense training environment, and ongoing learning required throughout the role.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in a customer service role, contact center is preferred
- Industries and roles that have shown to be the best fit: Banking/Finance (especially from a high customer touch role), and high service oriented roles such as Retail, Hospitality and Restaurant
To Apply for this position contact::
Lead Employment Coordinator