Ability360 Position Description
POSITION TITLE: Community Integration (CI) Program Assistant (20 Hours/week)
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Community Integration
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides comprehensive clerical assistance to the Community Integration Unit staff and programs by maintaining files, creating documents, data entry, providing exemplary service to the consumers.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma plus three years’ experience, working in general office & computer work, typing speed of 45 wpm+, experience using basic office equipment. Prefer experience working with individuals with disabilities, knowledge and understanding of people first language. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Perform clerical functions for CI staff, such as routine typing, data entry, copying, faxing, preparing meeting handouts, updates forms as needed, and maintain a supply on hand.
- Generate and maintain case management files, print & file quarterly case notes, create labels, ensure compliance and accuracy, including follow-up with staff for corrections.
- Run monthly reports or queries to ensure files are accurately marked, keeping staff updated as to any corrections needed. Establish internal controls to maintain compliance, and accuracy of case management files.
- Archive files when needed.
- Assists with presentations, presentation packets & material distribution & staff Ability360 table for community outreach.
- Assist in synthesizing monthly reports and consumer satisfaction surveys.
- Responds to calls and referrals, providing information, problem solving, and referral to unit/Ability360 and community resources as appropriate.
- Help with ordering supplies and keep staff at other sites supplied as needed.
- Research and update resources for consumers, help out with equipment in loan closet.
- Assist with classes or training, with research, forms, and set up of rooms.
- Assist with Federal 704 reporting statistics as needed. Assist in clean up files as needed.
- Take notes at CI Unit meetings to distribute to all staff, create Full Life Ahead workbook, soc/rec assistance if needed during events, maintain brochures, and copies.
- Assist with committee duties (SEAP, PGDC, Health & Wellness, etc.), mailing out soc/rec calendars, and calling for van times with consumers.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including special interdepartmental projects.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Assumes a wide range of assignments and handles multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to accept direction from numerous staff & ability to prioritize tasks.
- Creates or modifies various agency materials, including correspondence, reports, flyers, etc.
- Ability to problem solve, take initiative & work independently.
- General operating knowledge of office machines and computer equipment.
- Usage of proper grammar and spelling.
- Operates a computer, FAX machine, high-speed copier, typewriter and postage meter.
- Ability to meet and deal with public and consumers with diverse clientele in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent oral communication & business writing skills.
- Demonstrates an understanding of Independent Living philosophy through actions and language.
Salary: Depends on Experience
To apply for this position, please email your COVER LETTER, RESUME and SALARY REQUIREMENTS to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ability 360 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Smoke-Free Arizona Act prohibits smoking in places of employment; Ability 360 complies with this Act. Ability 360 uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
Ability 360 complies with all applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. This application will be given every consideration, but its receipt does not imply that the applicant will be employed. Persons with disabilities encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be made for employees with disabilities.