Starting Wage: DOE Seasonal, part time
Reports to: Nick Bright, Lead Lifeguard
Applications: Applications accepted until the position is filled.
To Apply: Email a résumé and current certificates to NickB@Ability360.org. Please reference “Ability360 Lifeguard Position” in the subject line of your email.
Job Description: Lifeguards must ensure the safety of the patrons in the pool area by taking preventative measures such as enforcing rules, recognizing and reacting quickly and efficiently to emergencies, maintaining constant surveillance, conducting regular pool safety checks and providing emergency care to patrons in need.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performs various maintenance and cleaning duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Be proficient in the use of all pool safety equipment.
- Ability to follow rules and regulations as assigned by supervisor.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
- Maintains appropriate communication with members and their guests.
- Communicate with supervisor with regards to any equipment needing repair or replacement.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Hours: Work schedule requires some flexibility and is dependent upon program needs and will include mornings, evenings and/or weekends.
* Please only apply if you can fulfill the schedule and time requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to be proactive and use independent judgment and initiative.
- Ability to manage and direct emergency situations independently and as a team
- Physical ability to perform the duties associated with this position.
- Exceptional ability to work cooperatively with others and create a positive, constructive relationship with staff and the general public.
- Ability to perform First Aid and CPR during an emergency.
- Act in a mature, polite and professional manner.
- Knowledge and ability to rescue a patron in the water in a quick and efficient manner.
- Possess strong swimming skills along with healthy lifestyle choices to stay fit to perform rescues.
- Ability and willingness to learn new components of the pool including classes, swim lessons, and maintenance.
Qualifications: Applicants must have current American Red Cross Lifeguard, First Aid and CPR certification. At least one year of life guarding experience is required. Other certifications will be accepted (Ellis, Starguard, etc.), but applicant will be responsible to getting American Red Cross certified after being hired.
A criminal background check will be conducted, but conviction is not an absolute bar to employment.
Working Conditions: Pressures and stress of the position include dealing with challenging situations, working outdoors for multiple hours in the summer and dealing with medical emergencies. This position may require the lifting of 20-50 pounds.
Ability360 is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and sustaining a work environment that is inclusive. Women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.