POSITION TITLE: Information & Referral Program Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Community Integration
TO APPLY: To apply for this position, please email your COVER LETTER, RESUME and SALARY REQUIREMENTS to email@example.com.
Provide Information & Referral (I&R) services to individuals with disabilities, professionals and the community-at-large on disability related issues such as housing, transportation, healthcare etc. Receive calls, walk-ins, emails, faxes and letters, address their issues and give information, or make referrals to Ability360 programs and/or community resources in order to meet their needs.
Oversee and monitor Ability360’s Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Loan Closet program. Track and monitor all out-going and in-coming equipment that is loaned out to consumers.
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or related fields, or combination of 3 years of education and experience. Experience must be in the provision of direct services, preferably with people with disabilities.
- Respond to initial contacts by consumers, contract service providers, family members, social service agencies, and community at large.
- Track incoming I&R calls and activities (follow-ups etc.)
- Make referrals to Ability360 programs and/ or community services as appropriate and provide follow-up to meet individuals’ I&R needs and ensure that they are served.
- Maintain and update Ability360’s agency resource lists.
- Conduct outreach to community re: Ability360 programs through presentations, community meetings, health fairs etc.
- Maintain a complete inventory of equipment in the “Loan Closet.”
- Track all equipment as it is borrowed and returned by consumers.
- Assumes a wide range of assignments and handles multiple projects
- Willingness to accept direction from numerous staff & ability to prioritize
- Creates or modifies various agency materials, including correspondence, reports, flyers,
- Ability to problem solve, take initiative & work
- General operating knowledge of office machines and computer
- Usage of proper grammar and
- Operates a computer, FAX machine, high-speed copier, typewriter and postage
- Ability to meet and deal with public and consumers with diverse clientele in a multi-cultural
- Excellent oral communication & business writing
- Demonstrates an understanding of Independent Living philosophy through actions and
Salary: Depends on Experience
Ability360 is fragrance Free!
Please don’t wear scented products to Ability360 meetings and events. Thank you!
Ability360’s Affirmative Action Policy
Ability360 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Smoke-Free Arizona Act prohibits smoking in places of employment; Ability360 complies with this Act. Ability360 uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
Ability360 complies with all applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. This application will be given every consideration, but its receipt does not imply that the applicant will be employed. Persons with disabilities encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be made for employees with disabilities.