Wheelchair Basketball Coach
Email your cover letter, resume & salary requirements to email@example.com. Please reference “Wheelchair Basketball Coach” in the subject line of your email.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leadership and support of the Ability360 Wheelchair Basketball Programs.
- Assist in the creation of practice plans and schedules.
- Evaluate and teach wheelchair basketball skills.
- Assist with Special Events, Tournaments, and Sports Camps.
- Maintain schedule integrity according to Easy Time Clock management.
- Collaborate with hospitals, clinics, and other community organizations to offer a variety of wheelchair basketball experiences.
- Assist in facility and equipment maintenance.
- Maintain communication with players, player’s parents and/or guardians.
- Perform administrative aspects of Ability360 required for Ability360 Employees including shared scheduling and documents.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Season begins in September and runs through mid-April. ; OR 1099 Contractor. Work schedule requires a great deal of flexibility and is dependent upon program needs and will include some evenings and weekends. Please only apply if you can fulfill the time requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of Adaptive Sports and Recreation principles, theories and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of adaptive equipment in sports and recreation programs.
- Knowledge of recreation program risk management.
- Excellent public relations and customer service skills; verbal and written communication skills; planning, organizational, supervision, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to use independent judgment and initiative.
- Basic computer skills, including word processing.
- Exceptional ability to work cooperatively with others and create a positive, constructive relationship with staff and Sports & Fitness Center members.
- Basketball coaching experience at a high level including working with individuals that have a wide variety of abilities; or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the above-described duties.
- Applicant must have at least one year of experience working with people with disabilities.
- Must have current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Clean criminal background required.
- Valid Arizona I.D.
- Two references must be provided.
Ability360 is fragrance Free!
Please don’t wear scented products to Ability360 meetings and events. Thank you!
Ability360 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Ability360 take affirmative action and provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to employ and advance in employment to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Ability360 will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.