Position: Program Support Specialist
Starting Wage: Depending on Experience, full-time
Reports to: VP of Advocacy
Applications: Applications accepted until the position is filled.
To Apply: Email a resume and cover letter describing how your work experience and education applies to this position, to AminaK@Ability360.org. Please reference “Program Support Specialist” in the subject line of your email.
Provides support to Ability 360 Advocacy Unit staff including: responds to Advocacy unit calls and emails: manages event registration; provides information/referral/problem solving for customers; documents program eligibility and refers consumers to the appropriate staff, presentation or other community resource; provides social media support including desktop publishing for program and agency materials, website updates and post events on social media sites with graphics and photos; provides reports that track staff monthly activity; provides assistance to the Unit staff as requested, including volunteer supervision; room set up and personal assistance for staff with a variety of disabilities.
Salary: Depending on experience
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, social media, graphic design and desktop publishing software and principles. Ability to multitask and work independently. Two years college and experience providing program support. Understanding of Independent Living philosophy and knowledge of disability etiquette. Ability to provide clerical support and personal assistance to staff with a variety of disabilities. Life experience with a disability and bilingual Spanish speaking and writing skills are a plus.
- Responds to calls and referrals, providing information, creative problem solving and appropriate referrals with good customer service skills.
- Demonstrates and communicates knowledge Ability360 and other community programs benefiting individuals with disabilities and their families. .
- Creates data reporting documents and synthesizes monthly reports and customer satisfaction surveys.
- Provides desktop publishing and graphic design for program outreach materials.
- Assists program staff with presentations, managing registration, physically setting up meeting rooms/classrooms, marketing events, technology management and materials distribution.
- Update the ABILITY360 website regarding Advocacy programs and services.
- Creates and posts alerts for events and advocacy on social media on a regular basis.
- Performs clerical functions for program staff, including routine typing, filing, ordering supplies, data entry, copying, faxing, updating forms, running reports, maintaining databases, and creates documents upon request.
- Coordinates reasonable accommodations requests for alternative formats materials. (
- Provides volunteer supervision in the accomplishment of program related tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including special interdepartmental projects and personal assistance to staff.
- Maintains consumer confidentiality.
- Assumes a wide range of assignments and handles multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to accept direction from numerous staff and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate creative problem solving, take initiative and work independently.
- Enjoys learning new information and skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Word Press for web development and design; Adobe Suites including Photo Shop, Illustrator and InDesign. Keeps up to date with the latest software and computer technologies to remain competitive.
- Good interpersonal/customer relations skills. Ability to meet and deal in person and via telephone with diverse clientele and staff in a multi-cultural environment. With people with a variety of disabilities.
- Excellent oral communication and business writing skills.
- Demonstrates an understanding of independent living philosophy through actions and language.
- Has a historical understanding of the disability civil rights movement.
Criminal Background Check:
A criminal background check will be conducted, but conviction is not an absolute bar to employment.
Ability360’s Affirmative Action Policy
Ability360 will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Ability360 take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Further, Ability360 will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of sexual preference, or any other protected status under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, the Age Discrimination and Employment Act, State Executive Order No. 75-5, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.