Path to Empowerment
Transition Services Support Program
Support by the National Council of Independent Living
The Path to Empowerment Transition Services Support Program is quite diverse as Ability360 plans to incorporate many facets of our continuum of services.
Who is eligible for this program?
Youth and adults with a Spinal Cord Injury that have received services in a rehabilitation setting or clinic in the last 24 months and are in need of transitional services.
- Youth Transition Services (Benefits 2 Work)
- Reintegration from Nursing Home Services
- Transition from Rehabilitation to Community (Early Intervention Program)
- Transition from Rehabilitation to Community (Sports & Fitness Center)
Benefits 2 Work (Ability360’s work incentives consulting program) can reach 30 youth with SCI through dissemination of resources promoting employment for youth receiving Social Security Disability benefits. Printed materials will be provided by Ability360.
Direct Resource Distribution
Benefits 2 Work can provide direct financial resources to ten youth with SCI. Funds will be distributed to assist youth and their family in accessing services to promote and/or support employment. Examples include:
- Transportation cost to and from WIPA (work incentives consulting) services
- Transportation cost to and from Disability Resources Centers at post-secondary education locations
- Transportation to programs supporting employment
- Clothing allowance and accommodations for internships and/or job interviews
Youth Transitions Services Contact:
Reintegration funds would be used to help consumers as they transition from nursing homes into more independent living arrangements or to pay the rent for use of a transitional home. Monetary support will provide for household goods and other costs related to furnishing a residence. Transition from nursing home can also include use of Ability360’s transitional home, Mast House, allowing a consumer with SCI to transition there for 8 weeks until more permanent housing can be secured. Without Mast House, the consumer would remain or be placed in a nursing home.
Reintegration Program contact:
Mast House transition home contact:
Early Intervention Contact:
Sports & Fitness Center Contact: