Path to Empowerment
Transition Services Support Program
Support by the National Council of Independent Living
The Path to Empowerment Transition Services Support Program is quite diverse as Ability360 plans to incorporate many facets of our continuum of services.
Who is eligible for this program?
Youth and adults with a Spinal Cord Injury that have received services in a rehabilitation setting or clinic in the last 24 months and are in need of transitional services.
The Sports & Fitness Center will support individuals with SCI transitioning from rehabilitation or hospital settings to the community. This program will help transitioning consumers learn how to safely stay active and reduce the chances of secondary conditions and re-entry into the hospital or rehab setting. Funds will scholarship membership costs, Dial-A-Ride or Valley Metro transportation vouchers; Initial, mid-year and end-of-year assessments; fitness orientations and two personal training sessions.
Sports & Fitness Center Contact:
- Youth Transition Services (Benefits 2 Work)
- Reintegration from Nursing Home Services
- Transition from Rehabilitation to Community (Early Intervention Program)
- Transition from Rehabilitation to Community (Sports & Fitness Center)
Benefits 2 Work (Ability360’s work incentives consulting program) can reach 30 youth with SCI through dissemination of resources promoting employment for youth receiving Social Security Disability benefits. Printed materials will be provided by Ability360.
Direct Resource Distribution
Benefits 2 Work can provide direct financial resources to ten youth with SCI. Funds will be distributed to assist youth and their family in accessing services to promote and/or support employment. Examples include:
- Transportation cost to and from WIPA (work incentives consulting) services
- Transportation cost to and from Disability Resources Centers at post-secondary education locations
- Transportation to programs supporting employment
- Clothing allowance and accommodations for internships and/or job interviews
Youth Transitions Services Contact: