Ability360 Aquatic Center Information
Here is your guide for all things related to the Ability360 Aquatic Center. The following links can help you learn about each of our three pools, as well as frequently asked questions, and rules for the aquatic area. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Lap Pool: Features an elevator lift, a hydraulic lift and a transfer station for entry. The pool depth ranges from 4’6″-10′. The deep end of pool is suitable for scuba training. The lap pool will be heated between 80-84 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Therapy Pool: Features an elevator lift, a hydraulic lift and transfer access. The pool depth ranges from 3′-4′. The therapy pool will be heated between 88-92 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spa: Access with hydraulic lift and transfer access. The pool is 3′ deep. The spa will be heated to a maximum of 102 degrees Fahrenheit.
Swim lessons will be by appointment with our swim instructors. Once you sign up, our Aquatics Supervisor will call to pair you with an instructor
1 – 30 min $25
5 – 30 min sessions $115
10 – 30 min sessions $215
1 – 30 min $30
5 – 30 min $135
10 – 30 min $235
Scholarships available upon request
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I go swimming if I am incontinent or have urinary or bowel issues? Yes, but you must wear a swim diaper, rubber or plastic undergarments specifically designed to retain urine and fecal matter.
- Should I go in the water with an open sore? No, you may run the risk of infection to the sore.
- Can my child use the pool? Yes, Children 8 years old and under must be with an adult at all times in the pool, preferably one adult per child. Children under 14 years of age must have adult supervision in the aquatic area.
- Do you offer physical therapy? No, we are a fitness center. We offer workout and movement programs to assist you in a creating healthy lifestyle. It is a good idea to speak with your doctor about a workout plan that you can implement at the gym or in the pool.
- What do I do if I need assistance to workout in the water? Please contact us so we can schedule a volunteer to assist you as necessary.
- Can I go in the pool if I have a tracheotomy? Please consult your doctor first. There is specialized equipment you can get to go in the water and swim, but only if your doctor approves it. Swimming with a tracheotomy can be very dangerous and lead to respiratory complications. Please consult your doctor before trying any of these devices.
- Will I need to bring my own towel or will the Ability360 provide one? Ability360 will not supply towels. Please bring your own towel.
- Can I bring other water exercise equipment to the pool? Yes. We have some equipment here, but you may also bring your own.
- Children under 14 must have adult supervision in aquatic area.
- Children under 8 must have an adult with them in the water and be within arms length reach of the adult.
- Members may be required to pass a swim test to swim unaccompanied.
- Jeans or clothes that are frayed are not permitted in the pools. Shirts and shorts may be worn over bathing suit but MUST NOT be see-through.
- Food or drinks are not permitted at the pool. Water ONLY.
- Glass is strictly prohibited in pool area.
- Please take a cleansing shower before entering the pool or after using the restroom.
- You must dry off before re-entering the facility.
- Standing or jumping from transfer bench in Lap Pool is not permitted.
- In the event of an emergency please clear the pool and follow all directions given by Ability360 staff.
ABSOLUTELY NO GUM IN THE POOL AREA!
- If incontinent, you must wear tight fitting rubber or plastic pants or a swim brief.
- Please ask Ability360 staff for assistance with the pool lifts.
- Persons with sore or inflamed eyes, colds, nasal or ear discharges, boils or other acute or skin or body infections, or cuts shall be excluded from pool use.
- Only service animals allowed on the pool deck
Play it safe: No running or roughhousing
SPA RULES(Maximum Spa temperature is 104 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Children 14 and under are not allowed in the Spa.
- Pregnant women, Elderly and persons with medical issues should consult a physician before using the Spa.
- Do not exceed 15 minutes in the Spa.
- Please shower before using the Spa.