- Aug 21 2021
- 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
Adaptive Swim Instructor Training
Thank you for your interest in attending the Adaptive Swim Instruction training! With support from Move United and the US Department of Veterans Affairs, this training is offered at no cost to VA staff and adaptive sport providers who serve disabled Veterans (at no cost to the Veterans). Attendees will learn how to teach adaptive swimming using specialized equipment and instruction techniques. The training is suitable for swim coaches/instructors and aquatic therapists. Please note, attendees must have (at minimum) strong swimming skills and the willingness to participate in the water prior to attending the course.
- Registration is available on a first come, first serve basis and space is limited. Priority registration is offered for disabled veterans, disabled members of the armed services, VA staff, and Move United member organizations. Other adaptive sport organizations and interested individuals will be welcomed as space permits NOTE FEE, $305 paid directly to SwimBox.
- If the training reaches capacity, additional registrants will be placed on a Waiting List and be permitted to attend as space allows.
- Cancellation Policy: As a courtesy to others who may be on a Waiting List, please notify [Gus LaZear, email@example.com / 602-386-4280 if you can no longer attend the training.
- Prerequisite Skills: Attendees must have strong swimming skills prior to attending the course. This helps maximize the time focused on adaptive skills and equipment to make the course a valuable experience for all.
- What To Bring: comfortable clothes to learn in and your swimming essentials (swimsuit, towels, sunscreen, water bottle) The training will be hosted at Abiltiy360 Center for classroom and Abiltiy360 Sports & Fitness Center for in pool learning where adaptive equipment will be provided.
- Travel: Phoenix Sky Harbor is the closest airport, Crowne Plaza and Aloft Phoenix Airport are the closest hotels. Attendees are responsible for making their own travel arrangements. Move United does not provide reimbursement for any travel expenses, including but not limited to airfare, lodging, and ground transportation.
- Meals: Lunches and Snacks are provided. Please specify dietary restrictions and allergies in your registration form. Although not guaranteed, we will make every effort to make accommodations.
About the Training
5025 East Washington St. Phoenix Arizona
Ability Sports & Fitness Center
5031 East Washington St. Phoenix, Arizona
- Saturday, August 21
- Sunday, August 22
- Day one: 8 – 11:00 a.m.
- Day two: 8 – 10:00 a.m.
- Day one: 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Day two: 10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Point Of Contact
Gus LaZear / firstname.lastname@example.org – (602)-386-4280
Register for this Event
This program was funded in part by a grant from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs. The opinions, findings and conclusions stated herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.