- Jan 04 2023
- 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Barge Rowing Class
Why Try Rowing? What Can Rowing Do for You?
• Can you enjoy the beautiful Arizona fall weather? Check.
• Will you be surrounded with friends and teammates? Check.
• Will it challenge you to learn a new sport and get some exercise on the water? Check.
• Will it be FUN? CHECK, CHECK, CHECK!
Rowing will do all this, and more! Come try it in our Barge Rowing program and see for yourself.
Ability360 members and friends are invited to take part in this new program, Barge Rowing. What is “barge rowing?” you may be asking yourself? A rowing barge is a large, flat, floating platform, that seats rowers and their oars and It is used as a safe place to learn the basics of rowing. You row it like a boat, and it moves through the water like a boat, but it’s not “tippy” like a rowing boat. The best-kept secret of the barge, though, is that it’s just darn fun to row – and you will be rowing your first time on the water!
So, what are you waiting for? Register NOW and come row the barge!
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• No prior rowing experience is necessary, though you should already be performing regular exercise. Rowing is physically and mentally demanding.
• One must be able to self-transfer and/or sit down on a seat that is below knee-level.
The cost for this class is $20 for Ability360 members and $30 for non-members.
Program runs every Wednesday morning at 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. starting on January 4th, 2023. The first meeting of every session will be held at Ability360, on the rowing machines. Must attend the first two meetings of your session.
Barge Rowing 2023 Schedule
Session 1: January 4 – 25
Session 2: February 1 – 22
Session 3: March 1 – 22
Session 4: April 5 – 26
Session 5: May 3 – 31
If you have any questions please reach out to Jenniferb@ability360.org