View a video of our March 2018 event.
Ability360, Adaptive Adventures, and the Arizona Dragon Boat Association have partnered together to create an adaptive Dragon Boat Team. Team Blue is for veterans with or without disabilities and civilians with disabilities. Since October 2017, Team Blue has evolved into a dedicated and competitive dragon boat team with a few race festivals already under their belts. Dragon boat paddling benefits as a core and endurance exercise possible for athletes from all abilities and walks of life, but more than that, it is a place for unity and kinship in the spirit of competition. Once a week, athletes meet at Tempe Town Lake as a paddling family to train on the water. They have grown to know the sport as well as each other's celebrations and pains. They aim to expand to other festivals in the region and increase their roster size.
- We need several more members at any skill level. We will instruct you on how to paddle.
- Adaptive team for veterans and civilians with disabilities
- Partnered with Ability360, Adaptive Adventures, and the Arizona Dragon Boat Association
- We meet Mondays at Tempe Town Lake Marina at 6:15 p.m., and practice lasts until around 8:30 p.m.
- Equipment is provided, such as a personal floatation device (PFD) and paddles.
Our next race is scheduled in March 2020 for the 16th Annual Tempe Town Lake Dragon Boat Festival!
We will see you out there and paddles up!
Dragon Boat 101
We are going to do an open house-type clinic at Tempe Town Lake on Saturday, January 25, 2020. This will be a recruiting event for extra participants to compete in the March 28 and 29th regatta at Tempe Town Lake.
Have Questions? Contact: