Election Information, Recreational Activities and FREE Food!
Voting is the first step in being an advocate. It is the right and responsibility of being an American. We, at ABIL, do want policy leaders to know that Arizonans with disabilities vote and have issues important to them. If you do not vote, you cannot complain about bad government.
Everyone has voting questions. Bring them and don’t be shy! This is a chance to get them answered and increase your confidence and knowledge to prepare for the November 4, 2014 General Election… and have fun! Every Arizona state legislative and Arizona U.S. Congressional office will be up for election this year. Come one, come all!
Join us Tuesday, September 23, 2014 from 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. to receive information regarding the voting process and upcoming election.
- Find out which election candidates will be on your ballot.
- Learn what kind of voting accommodations you have a right to receive.
- Find out where to get the voting and candidate information you need.
- Hear from the Maricopa County Elections department.
- Try out an accessible voting machine.
- Learn about the ballot propositions and information that can help you decide how you want to vote.
- Most important, help us register voters and get them to the poles November 4th.
Stop by SpoFit from 12-2:30pm for activities, swimming, and tours. Enjoy various sports, arts and crafts, board games, and Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader.
The day is FREE and refreshments will be provided.
For further information or if you need help registering please contact David Carey at (602) 443-0723.
Visit our Voter / Election Information page.
Don’t forget your swimsuit! Reminder we are a scent-free and latex-free facility.