Please read the job description for the Phoenix Dial-A-Ride (DAR) Quality Assurance (QA) Monitoring position. If you meet the qualifications for this position, complete the application that is included below. Please respond to all of the questions.
Phoenix Dial-A-Ride Quality Assurance Monitoring Program
The Quality Assurance (QA) Monitoring Program has openings for Dial-A-Ride (DAR) Monitors who can objectively evaluate the Phoenix Dial-A-Ride system.
Dial-A-Ride Monitors ride the Dial-A-Ride system and record what they see in a comprehensive trip report form. Each Monitor is scheduled for up to 7 trips a month that start and end at the Monitor’s home. Each trip has three legs (or segments) and takes about six hours to complete. Monitored trips are randomly scheduled by the QA Program Manager.
The Monitor’s primary duty is to observe and provide measurable data on all aspects of Dial-A-Ride service. The Monitor’s recorded observations are compiled and analyzed by the QA Program Manager to reveal operational patterns and trends. Each Monitor is required to submit accurate and complete trip reports, which are reviewed for accuracy.
- Complete trip report forms with an accurate account of all trip observations
- Provide assessment of trips through observations and comments
- Attend all monthly Monitor in-service meetings
- Submit trip reports and invoices on time
- Complete scheduled trips as assigned
- City of Phoenix resident
- ADA Certified
- Experience using the Phoenix Dial-A-Ride System
- Available to perform Dial-A-Ride monitored trips during the Phoenix Fixed Route bus hours of operation Monday through Friday
- Flexible enough to complete at least 5 DAR trips per month that are randomly scheduled by the QA Program Manager
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Available to attend 1 mandatory in-service meeting each month (1 hour on the last Thursday of the month)
- Available to attend a ½ day training session
- All Monitors are required to undergo an AZ fingerprint clearance card process
Quality Assurance DAR Monitors are independent contractors who are compensated at a rate of $61.68 for each completed 3-legged assignment as well as $10.71 for attending the monthly Monitor In-Service meeting. Monitors are also reimbursed for their monthly City of Phoenix DAR pass.