$11.00 - $13.00 per hour DOE
Applications accepted until position is filled. Position available immediately.
Aquatics Program Specialist
Email your cover letter, resume, current certifications & salary requirements to GusL@ability360.org. Please reference “lifeguard” in the subject line of your email.
Lifeguards must ensure the safety of the patrons in the pool area by taking preventative measures such as enforcing rules, recognizing and reacting quickly and efficiently to emergencies, maintaining constant surveillance, conducting regular pool safety checks, and providing emergency care to patrons in need.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of an emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performs various maintenance and cleaning duties as directed, to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Be proficient in the use of all pool safety equipment.
- Ability to follow rules and regulations as assigned by supervisor.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
- Maintains appropriate communication with members and their guests.
- Communicate with supervisor concerning any equipment needing repair or replacement.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Work schedule requires some flexibility, is dependent upon program needs and will include mornings, evenings and/or weekends.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to be proactive and use independent judgment and initiative.
- Ability to manage and direct emergency situations independently and as a team.
- Physical ability to perform the duties associated with this position.
- Exceptional ability to work cooperatively with others and create a positive, constructive relationship with staff and the general public.
- Ability to perform First Aid and CPR during an emergency.
- Act in a mature, polite, and professional manner.
- Knowledge and ability to rescue a patron in the water in a quick and efficient manner.
- Possess strong swimming skills along with healthy lifestyle choices to stay fit to perform rescues.
- Ability and willingness to learn new components of the pool including classes, swim lessons, and maintenance.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
Applicants must have current American Red Cross Lifeguard, First Aid and CPR certification. At least one year of life guarding experience is required. Other certifications will be accepted (Ellis, StarGuard, etc.), but applicant will be responsible for obtaining American Red Cross certified after being hired. Clean criminal background is required, but conviction is not an absolute bar to employment.
Pressures and stress of the position include: dealing with challenging situations, working outdoors for multiple hours in the summer, and dealing with medical emergencies. This position may require the lifting of 20-50 pounds. Work is performed in a highly visible, busy environment, with a large volume of public contact and disruptions.
Ability360 is fragrance Free!
Please don’t wear scented products to Ability360 meetings and events. Thank you!
Ability360 will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that ABIL take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Further, Ability360 will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of sexual preference, or any other protected status under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, the Age Discrimination and Employment Act, State Executive Order No. 75-5, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.