Registration and Reception Specialist
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Email cover letter and resumé to email@example.com. Please reference “Registration and Reception Specialist” in the subject line of your email.
Perform professional reception and registration services, providing outstanding customer service to Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center members. Provide a wide range of clerical support to staff. Assist Outreach and Membership Specialist in front desk operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet customers, direct them to activities, and address their questions.
- Operate multi-line telephone system, providing information and/or directing calls to the appropriate person.
- Dispense accurate and current information to Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center members about programs and services.
- Actively promote facility and programs to members and potential members.
- Register customers for a wide variety of programs and passes, using a specialized software registration system.
- Serve as cashier, receiving and entering all fees and transactions and balancing daily reports.
- Perform clerical duties including, but not limited to, word processing, data entry, photocopying, and filing.
- Assist Program Coordinators by preparing program information and providing enrollment information from computerized registration system.
- Assist with a variety of administrative functions including, but not limited to, producing flyers, maintaining concession inventory, and assisting with facility rentals.
- Maintain organization, appearance and crowd control of lobby and reception work area.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
General schedule will be two weekday open shifts (5:45 a.m. to noon) and two Saturdays a month. Work schedule requires a great deal of flexibility and is dependent upon facility needs and may include early mornings, evenings and weekends.
Please only apply if you can fulfill the time requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of reception, cashiering and general office practices and procedures. Skilled in the use of computers and multiple-line phone system.
- Excellent verbal communication and organizational skills, competent writing skills, and basic math skills.
- Outstanding public relations, customer service, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks, frequent interruptions, and a wide range of personalities and situations in a pleasant manner.
- Exceptional ability to work cooperatively with others and create a positive relationship with staff and the Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center members.
High school graduation or equivalency required; cashier, receptionist or general office experience with extensive public contact; or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the above-described duties preferred.
Ability360 is fragrance Free!
Please don’t wear scented products to Ability360 meetings and events. Thank you!
Ability360 will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that ABIL take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
When applying for a job and being considered for employment, applicants are given a form prescribed by the US Department of Labor Office for Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) asking him or her to voluntarily disclose whether he or she has a disability. Applicants may complete this form understanding that the information on it is kept separate from their application materials or any subsequent personnel file. The information is for statistical purposes only as required by Federal law. An applicant who completes the form is not guaranteed a job or any special preference for a job.
Further, Ability360 will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of sexual preference, or any other protected status under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, the Age Discrimination and Employment Act, State Executive Order No. 75-5, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Visit our web site at www.ability360sports.org