The Spirit of ABIL award honors a consumer or advocate who exemplifies the Independent Living Philosophy, which states that people with disabilities should have the same civil rights, options, and control over choices in their own lives as do people without disabilities.
Nomination Deadline: Wednesday, February 18th, 2015
The 2014 Spirit of ABIL award will be presented to the person who best personifies the Independent Living Philosophy of consumer control, self-advocacy and peer support. Nominees will be judged on at least some or all of the following criteria (specific accomplishments to have occurred or are currently ongoing for the 2014 calendar year):
- Accomplishments and goals met in developing independent living skills and adjusting to life with a disability.
- Involvement and accomplishments in systems or self-advocacy that positively impacted community integration for people with disabilities in metropolitan Phoenix and Central Arizona.
- Involvement in volunteer peer-mentorship activities.
- Contributions to the disability community at large.
- Professional accomplishments as they pertain to positive adjustment to disability.
Have questions about the Spirit of ABIL Nomination? Send an email to ReginaM@abil.org
Complete the form online below or print and mail the form in.