Thursdays, July 6 – August 10
Sensory with Leslie is a program designed to provide tangible and some take-home sensory stimulation / decompression personalized crafts, while putting an emphasis on cognitive sequencing in a structured leisure environment.
- Ages 6 to 12 years.
- Members who would best benefit from this program are not limited to; are individuals on the Autism Spectrum along with those who present any sensory needs and/or cognitive deficits.
- This program will occur every Thursday starting July 6th through August 10th from 4 to 5pm, in the Sports & Fitness center Group Fitness Room located on the second floor.
- There is a small program fee of $10 for the 6 weeks.
A few of ‘Sensory with Leslie’s’ goals for its members will include, but are not limited to:
- Participants attaining lower levels of stress/anxiety/anger by being provided an outlet for their sensory needs
- Participants demonstrating responsiveness to sensory input
- Participants increasing attention to task
- Participants increasing sequential step following abilities
For any questions, concerns, or additional specific details, please feel free to contact the program facilitator via phone or email.