Ability360 Aquatic Center Information
Here is your guide for all things related to the Ability360 Aquatic Center. The following links can help you learn about each of our three pools, as well as frequently asked questions, and rules for the aquatic area. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Covid-19 Rules – Aquatic Center Guidelines
*Please review temperature check and mask policy
*If you’re unable to attend your reservation, please notify a staff member prior to the start of your reservation or cancel within the app. A fee will be assessed for missed reservations without notification on the app or to a staff of the Sports & Fitness Center.
- In this phase, the Aquatic Center and Fitness/Track will be the only open area of the facility.
- Everyone must take their temperature at the contactless temperature check station near the front desk upon entry of each visit, if your temperature is over 100.4 you will be asked to leave the campus.
- There are no masks to be worn while swimming, as it is a safety issue. Lifeguards will be wearing approved water masks when physical distancing isn’t possible. Others inside, will be wearing masks at all times unless eating, drinking, or staff are in their own personal office space.
- Please be prepared to remove your mask once you enter into the water. All other times and during activity, your mask is to be worn in the facility.
- Every hour, 4 lanes of the lap pool are available for reservation. Every hour, 2 people will be able to make a reservation for therapy pool.
- Only one person per lap lane, exception for one child to accompany parent; if necessary
- The last 5 minutes of your reservation will allow you to gather items, return any equipment to be cleaned, and safety exit
- The 10 minutes before the next reservation will allow for staff cleaning
- You may only sign up for ONE session in each pool per day.
- For example, you may sign up for the lap pool 7am-7:45am and then the therapy pool 8-8:45am
- You may sign up for one lap pool reservation and one therapy pool reservation per day
- You must confirm with a staff member or be signed up via the app.
- If you leave a message at the front desk, this does not confirm your reservation.
- If you’re late to your reservation, you will be able to use the remaining time of the reservation only.
- Unless absolutely necessary no use of restrooms for changing, you must come prepared for your reservation.
- The showers will be closed and not available for use
- Lockers are not available for use
- You will enter thru the front door, check in at the front desk, enter pool from door next to the front desk and exit only thru the emergency exit.
- Please be prepared to sign our COVID-19 waiver, and potentially update any membership information
- Lifeguards and staff will be stationed outside to monitor you and remind you of guidelines/facilitate flow of reservations.
- There will be equipment available for use. Please note a clean equipment section and a need to be cleaned section.
- You may bring your own equipment
- A caregiver/parent can wait on pool bench or in atrium. If they choose to go back into the atrium, they must exit the emergency exit and re-enter front door.
- Children under 14 must be in attendance with someone 18 years or older in aquatic area.
- Children under 8 must have an adult with them in the water and be within arm’s length reach of the adult.
- You must be able to transfer on your own or bring someone with you.
- If you’re waiting for transportation, you will be allowed to wait in the atrium.
- You will exit through emergency exit of pool deck, you will re-enter the front doors and you will leave through the same way you entered/exit during your reservation.
- The spa will be open to you during your reservation time of your lap/therapy reservation.
- New members are permitted.
- Only accepting debit/credit cards.
Aquatic Classes are currently unavailable
- Lap Pool: Features an elevator lift, a hydraulic lift and a transfer station for entry. The pool depth ranges from 4’6″-10′. The deep end of pool is suitable for scuba training. The lap pool will be heated between 80-84 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Therapy Pool: Features an elevator lift, a hydraulic lift and transfer access. The pool depth ranges from 3′-4′. The therapy pool will be heated between 88-92 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spa: Access with hydraulic lift and transfer access. The pool is 3′ deep. The spa will be heated to a maximum of 102 degrees Fahrenheit.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I go swimming if I am incontinent or have urinary or bowel issues? Yes, but you must wear a swim diaper, rubber or plastic undergarments specifically designed to retain urine and fecal matter.
- Should I go in the water with an open sore? No, you may run the risk of infection to the sore.
- Can my child use the pool? Yes, Children 8 years old and under must be with an adult at all times in the pool, preferably one adult per child. Children under 14 years of age must have adult supervision in the aquatic area.
- Do you offer physical therapy? No, we are a fitness center. We offer workout and movement programs to assist you in a creating healthy lifestyle. It is a good idea to speak with your doctor about a workout plan that you can implement at the gym or in the pool.
- What do I do if I need assistance to workout in the water? Please contact us so we can schedule a volunteer to assist you as necessary.
- Can I go in the pool if I have a tracheotomy? Please consult your doctor first. There is specialized equipment you can get to go in the water and swim, but only if your doctor approves it. Swimming with a tracheotomy can be very dangerous and lead to respiratory complications. Please consult your doctor before trying any of these devices.
- Will I need to bring my own towel or will the Ability360 provide one? Ability360 will not supply towels. Please bring your own towel.
- Can I bring other water exercise equipment to the pool? Yes. We have some equipment here, but you may also bring your own.
- Children under 14 must have adult supervision in aquatic area.
- Children under 8 must have an adult with them in the water and be within arms length reach of the adult.
- Members may be required to pass a swim test to swim unaccompanied.
- Jeans or clothes that are frayed are not permitted in the pools. Shirts and shorts may be worn over bathing suit but MUST NOT be see-through.
- Food or drinks are not permitted at the pool. Water ONLY.
- Glass is strictly prohibited in pool area.
- Please take a cleansing shower before entering the pool or after using the restroom.
- You must dry off before re-entering the facility.
- Standing or jumping from transfer bench in Lap Pool is not permitted.
- In the event of an emergency please clear the pool and follow all directions given by Ability360 staff.
ABSOLUTELY NO GUM IN THE POOL AREA!
- If incontinent, you must wear tight fitting rubber or plastic pants or a swim brief.
- Please ask Ability360 staff for assistance with the pool lifts.
- Persons with sore or inflamed eyes, colds, nasal or ear discharges, boils or other acute or skin or body infections, or cuts shall be excluded from pool use.
- Only service animals allowed on the pool deck
Play it safe: No running or roughhousing
SPA RULES(Maximum Spa temperature is 104 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Children 14 and under are not allowed in the Spa.
- Pregnant women, Elderly and persons with medical issues should consult a physician before using the Spa.
- Do not exceed 15 minutes in the Spa.
- Please shower before using the Spa.