The Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center offers undergraduate and graduate internships in Recreation Therapy, Parks and Recreation, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Marketing, Journalism, and related fields.
An Internship is defined by Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center as 300 hours or more. If less than 300 hours are needed please refer to our Practicum Application.
The intern experience will include:
- Hands on experience with specialized, inclusive, and adaptive recreation and fitness programs.
- Exposure to a wide range of disabilities.
- Exposure to all aspects of the Recreation and Fitness.
- Exposure to all aspects of recreation administration (outreach, special events, fundraising, budgeting, program development, volunteer coordination, partnership development, marketing, and public relations).
- Preparation for national certification exams.
Examples of activities interns will be exposed to, depending on the season, may include:
- Rock Climbing
- Court Sports
- Fitness Classes
- Day Camps
- Weight Training
- Social Recreation
- Youth Programs
- Winter/Spring: October 1st *We are no longer accepting Recreation Therapy applications for the Spring of 2020. All other internship areas are still taking applications.
- Summer: December 1st
- (Decisions may be made before deadline)
*Please note that all internships are unpaid. The only stipend we can guarantee is a free membership to our facility for the duration of an internship.
How to Apply
Download Sports & Fitness Center Internship Application
Complete and return to:
Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center
5031 E. Washington St.
Vice President & General Manager
Parks & Recreation
After we receive your completed application, you will be contacted.