Dear TEAM360 grant applicant,
Please read the information carefully before beginning your application as it outlines the requirements each applicant must meet to be considered for funding from Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center and TEAM360.
It is the mission of Ability360 to offer and promote programs designed to empower people with disabilities to take personal responsibility so that they may achieve or continue independent lifestyles within the community.
TEAM360 offers grants to members of the Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center members of all abilities.
Please complete the application exactly as instructed, including financial statements and all necessary documentation. The grant application must be completed by 5 p.m. PST on the April 30th, 2021 in order to be considered.
TEAM360 reserves the right to award a partial grant based upon the number of grant applications submitted and budgetary constraints.
Note: Cash reimbursement for equipment purchases will not be given. All equipment purchases will be paid for with a TEAM360 voucher or purchased directly by TEAM360.
What to Include
The following information is REQUIRED to be included in your application:
- REFERENCE LETTERS: Include two letters of reference along with phone numbers.
- One letter must come from a medical professional (ONLY physician, physician’s assistant, nurse practitioner, physical therapist, occupational therapist, or prosthetist) verifying your qualifying physical challenges.
- One letter must come from a fellow athlete, peer, family member, teacher, coach, or employer.
- YOUR UPDATED BIOGRAPHY OR STORY: 1-3 paragraphs about yourself, including how you came to be in your current situation and what a grant will help you accomplish. If you have competed in your sport before, please provide information on your results and participation. Please be thorough when writing your biography.
- A HIGH RESOLUTION PHOTO OF YOURSELF: Preferably in your sport or at play in a high resolution digital file such as a .jpg or PDF.
The TEAM360 grant program is HIGHLY COMPETITIVE and not every applicant will receive a grant. Please be thorough and demonstrate a competitive need for the item or funds for which you are applying.
TEAM360 considers the following criteria when assessing each grant application:
- Must be an active member of Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center with a physical disability.
- MOTIVATION: Applicant’s desire to improve upon fitness and achieve their goals.
- EFFORT OF GRANT APPLICATION: Only completed applications submitted by the deadline will be considered. Incomplete applications or applications that have been submitted with illegible documents may be declined.
- VOLUNTEER WORK: An applicant’s participation and willingness to give back to the community, coach, teach, mentor, and contribute to the growth and success of others will be considered.
You will receive an email verifying your completion of this grant application.If you do not receive a verification email it is likely that we did not receive your application. Your application will then be reviewed by the TEAM360 board.
If approved for a grant, you will be required to do the following:
- Sign a letter of agreement.
- Make arrangements with Ability360 for reimbursement or direct purchase of what grant funds are going towards.
- Follow up with TEAM360 with regard to your results and accomplishments in relation to this grant.
- Represent TEAM360 and its mission in a positive manner with social media posts and wearing TEAM360 apparel and/or equipment.
You will be notified after the first week of May with the results of your application.
For any questions, please contact Nick Pryor, NickP@ability360.org or (602) 386-4286.
Grant Cycle Due Dates:
- April 1st – Applications open
- April 30th – Applications due
- Week of May 3rd – Grant Recipients Announced
Grant Categories & Requirements
TEAM360 offers three different grant categories for which you can apply. Each person may submit a request in only one category:
- Competition/travel expenses
- Coaching/training expenses
- Small equipment expenses less than $500
If you are requesting equipment, no partial payments will be made for equipment. Please research specifications on the internet, talk with coaches, and fellow team members to research what kind of equipment is right for you.
You must have been participating in your sport for at least six (6) months or have a recommendation from a coach to be eligible for an equipment grant.
Please note that equipment grants will match your athletic activities and accomplishments. If you are at a recreational level of play, you will be awarded a recreational-valued equipment grant. The grant amount will not exceed $500. Please consider these figures when making your grant request.