TO APPLY for this position please email COVER LETTER AND RESUME to the email address: Editor@ability360.org Position will remain open until November 23, 2018 or until filled.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Five-seven years of progressively responsible experience in journalism, marketing or public relations, including media relations and digital communications.
- Superior writing, editing and verbal communications skills.
- Strong project management, administrative and organizational skills.
- Proven abilities in digital communications/social media tactics and strategies.
- Working knowledge of AP style guide and the NCDJ style guide on disability in journalism.
- Exhibits comfort in front of the camera and behind it.
- Develop and manage creative content and oversee editorial direction of LivAbility magazine as the go-to disability media outlet for Arizona and beyond.
- Create and edit content for and about people with disabilities.
- Assist the program staff in developing all promotional materials and communications strategies for their units, including promotional and editorial content.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with media representatives to promote coverage of Ability360 activities, events, and accomplishments.
- Identify opportunities to increase the awareness of Ability360 on a local and national level.
- Develop collaborative partnerships and community outreach opportunities with Ability360 staff, volunteers, consumers, supporters, media contacts, consultants and vendors.
- Work with businesses and organizations to reach the disability community through advertising, cross promotion, feature stories and sponsored content.
Other Related Duties
- Design, write, edit, coordinate printing and update: all organizational brochures and office correspondence materials.
- Manage social media content.
- Develop and maintain media contact list (print, television and radio contacts).
Other Skills/Knowledge Required
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Ability360’s Affirmative Action Policy
Ability360 will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Ability360 take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Further, Ability360 will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of sexual preference, or any other protected status under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, the Age Discrimination and Employment Act, State Executive Order No. 75-5, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
When applying for a job and being considered for employment, applicants are given a form prescribed by the US Department of Labor Office for Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) asking him or her to voluntarily disclose whether he or she has a disability. Applicants may complete this form understanding that the information on it is kept separate from their application materials or any subsequent personnel file. The information is for statistical purposes only as required by Federal law. An applicant who completes the form is not guaranteed a job or any special preference for a job.
Any employee, whether full or part-time, who requests a workplace modification or an alteration in policies, practices or procedures for purposes of providing an accommodation based on disability and performing the essential functions of the job is accommodated pursuant to Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Ability360 is fragrance Free!
Please do not wear scented products at Ability360 while at work, meetings and/or events. Thank you!