The Ability360 VITA site is closed until further notice.
Don’t pay for-profit tax companies when you can get your taxes prepared for FREE!
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is FREE income tax assistance for individuals and families with low to moderate incomes. Taxes are prepared by volunteers who are certified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at VITA sites.
What To Bring With You to the Appointment
- Social Security card or IRS ITIN card or ITIN letter for all household members
- Picture ID for taxpayer and spouse
- Proof of all income, including W-2 and 1099 forms
- Name, address, and tax ID# of child care provider
- Amount of money paid to child care provider last year
- Account and routing numbers for direct deposit
- Copy of last year's tax return (if available)
- Form 1095-A Insurance Verification
If married filing jointly, both adults must be present to sign the required forms
If you had any earned income during 2019, even if you don’t owe taxes, you may be eligible for several tax credits, including the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
You have to file to get the credits, even if you don’t owe any taxes.
By Appointment Only
(message phone only, messages are checked several times a day). Requests for Interpreters must be received 7 days in advance.
Find other VITA Sites close to you:
File Your Taxes on Your Own:
Visit my MyFreeTaxes.com a Self-paced, step-by-step guidance to file tax returns online
Free for persons making $66,000 or less a year
IRS certified tax volunteers available via hotline or online chat in English or Spanish