Did you know that if you are receiving Social Security Disability benefits you can return to work without losing your benefits? If you are 14 to 64 years old, are receiving Social Security Disability benefits, and are:
- Currently working
- Had an interview within the last 30 days
- Have an interview in the next 60 days
- Self-employed or planning self-employment
- A Veteran
- Youth (age 14-26)
- Receiving services from Vocational Rehabilitation, Employment Network, etc.
- Or are Considering Employment
We can help you understand how earned income will affect your cash, medical and other benefits. We can inform you about Social Security work incentives that can ease your transition to work and help you understand and navigate Social Security work rules. Our Certified Community Work Incentives Coordinators have an extensive knowledge of Social Security, Medicare, AHCCCS and other government programs. We can show you how work pays!
Work is the key to financial empowerment!
Work Incentives Planning and Assistance Services
This service can assist and support your employment choices with information that can help you achieve your goals.
The Social Security Administration has created a variety of work incentives that make it easier for people who receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) to go to work.
The Benefits 2 Work Arizona (B2W) program, managed by Ability360, can help you understand the Social Security Work Incentives and how to use them to increase your income through work. We are a Center for Independent Living providing advocacy and services by and for people with disabilities. We can help you make the transition to work with a disability easier.
If you choose to work
- There are SSDI and SSI incentives that may help you retain Medicare and Medicaid.
- You may be able to get back on cash benefits if you need to without re-applying
- SSDI beneficiaries can work for a while before cash benefits stop.
- SSI recipients will always earn more working
- Students under the age of 22 can gain work experience without it affecting their SSI cash and Healthcare benefits
- Visit Arizona Disability Benefits 101 (www.az.db101.org): An online tool for learning how benefits and work go together.
To sign up for WIPA Services call:
The Ticket to Work (TTW) Help Line at: 866-968-7842
Or Visit: Choosework.ssa.gov
You can also contact Ability360’s B2W Program directly by calling:
602-443-0720 or 866-304-WORK (9675)
Or Email: B2W@ability360.org
* This web site is funded through a Social Security cooperative agreement. Although Social Security reviewed this document for accuracy, it does not constitute an official Social Security communication. We developed this web site at U.S. taxpayer expense.